Saturday, September 1, 2018

Harvey Remembered

A year ago the city I have lived in my entire life experienced the worst natural disaster that will haunt many for the rest of their lives. Hurricane Harvey will be one that generations years from now will read about. In all of the heart ache some beauty was experienced. I personally watched so many from all walks of life; no matter race, religion, or financial means came together as a community even from across the country. I have been thinking more about this as I see the posts for the one year anniversary. As I was donating time to help in an way I could. I was also given the opportunity to talk with an old friend who I had been estranged with. As I said, Harvey brought on many things. It felt so good to really talk and listen to what each other had to say. Even though a year later we don’t spend time together, I will always be grateful that we had that time. A part of me, will always miss having her around. Some people always stick with you, but she could not have been a better friend when I needed her in my life. Kind of like great style it never really goes away.
Wherever you are in your memories in the year anniversary with Hurricane Harvey, I hope you can see something beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment